Monday, July 18, 2022

"Changing Peoples Lives"

Recently, Biden, while trying to tout how great the economy is, said “we are changing peoples lives.”

I would like to state unequivocally that I agree with him. His policies have indeed changed peoples lives, just not for the better.

I have lived on a fixed income for years. We lived this way while I was in the Marines and my wife was taking care of our kids.

This continued after my last deployment to the worlds biggest kitty litter box, courtesy of the VA, and we have manged to survive. We have never lived “high on the hog” as the saying goes, but we haven't starved either. That has all changed.

No, we are not starving, yet, but if this “great economy” continues that won't be long in coming.

2 years ago, with 5 adults living in my house, we would spend around $200-250 a week for groceries. Now with only three of us it's between $350-400. This week we will start eliminating things we don't need but are nice to have.

It used to cost me about $40 to fill up my van, now it's about 30 for a quarter of a tank. I don't dare let it get lower then that as it would easily cost between $100-120.

I can't even imagine what it would cost to replace the van if it died, I don't believe we could even afford to do so.

I sold my house in my favorite area in the world because of the much higher cost of living only to come out west and find that it's just as bad here now under this “great economy.”

Under this “great economy” and high interest rates,home ownership is now out of the question, so likely renting will be the only option at least until the price of renting gets too high, then I suppose we will be living in a tent or a cardboard box.

Electric, oil,gas and sewer prices have gone up as well.

Not sure what's exactly great about this economy.

So what do we do about it? I don't know. I write posts and congress critters and all I ever get back is form letters. I hate phones, but because I'm not a big business, they aren't likely to answer anyhow.

I have heard many times that I should vote republican ( I am an independent but I haven't voted for a democrat in decades) and while I think that republicans are a better option, where is the actual proof that they will do anything to help? Where are the republican “leaders?” I see a lot of lower ranked , though very vocal, members of the GOP saying what they are going to do but where are the ones that can actually get the ball rolling?

I have heard it said that the real problem is incompetence in the administration. While I agree that Biden himself has some serious issues, I don't think that any of this is incompetence. I think that all this pain and suffering is being purposefully done by those he has surrounded himself with. They have a communist agenda and they want you and I to feel the pain to try and force us into their communist world view.

Sadly the easy fix is right under our feet,literally. Open the oil fields and pipe lines, get our energy independence going again. All Biden had to do was ride on the coat tails of the successes of the Trump administration and likely rolled into an easy victory in November. But instead he decided that destroying the country, more importantly the people of this country, was going to be his top priority.

I hope that the dems, who also could have done something to stop this, get a serious shellacking in the mid terms, but I won't hold my breath. They have proved that they will do anything to cling onto power so I am not holding my breath for a massive red wave, but should the GOP take control, my message is simple, know that all of us are watching you. You talk a good talk but will you actually deliver? If you don't, just know that what wrath you incur, just as the dems are right now, you will deserve. If you truly want to change lives the power will be in your hands, so something besides talk.





No comments:

Post a Comment