Monday, January 7, 2013

Some Info and Ground Rules


Today, after going through a major purge of people of my FB account, I am going to lay out a few ground rules and tell you a bit about me so that there is no mistaking where I stand. If ,after reading this, you wish to de-friend or unsubscribe than please do so, with my utmost blessings and hope for a good life for you.

This past year or so really burned me out on the political front. My emotions were torn apart by what I considered to be little more than the blind leading the blind and a choice between the lesser of two evils. Worse yet was that I saw some friendships destroyed and almost lost my own brothers friendship over a differing of opinions. This is not what I wanted when I started using FB.

I am a politically minded person and I pay attention to all that is going on, but as I have stated before, in other posts, I despise BOTH political parties, and more importantly, I became very disgusted by what I heard coming out of both sides. People I have known for a long time insulting each other over politics, some of it down right crude and nasty. I managed to get caught up in some of with some of what I posted and I didn't like what I had become. So let me start by simplifying my political view for you.

I am what I call a “Libertarian Constitutionalist.” I believe in the idea of freedom, that you and I don't need the Federal government interfering in our lives unless we ask them to. It's none of their business who I marry, what food I eat or what I put into my body. It is not their place to determine how I use my land or my home as long as I am not doing anything immoral or harming anyone. If I wish to pray in school or refuse to pray it should be up to me as to what I do. In short if I am not doing you any harm then the Federal government has no business nosing its way into my life and regulating it. Freedom means freedom.

I am a Constitutionalist because I believe strongly in the Bill Of Rights that the founding fathers wrote. They understood, first hand, just what tyranny was, and they wrote the Constitution the way that they did to protect us from tyranny and to allow for us to defend ourselves from tyranny. I believe fully in the right to free speech, even if it offends. I believe in the right to keep and bare arms, all arms, there is no clause hidden in there that says otherwise. I believe in freedom of religion, all religion, or your right to not have one. I believe in the right to be secure in your person and property against illegal search and seizure. I also don't believe that the government has the right to force you into purchasing things that you don't want or causing you to violate your conscience. I mention these particular ones because they are the ones that have been attacked the most as of the last decade or so.
I believe that we need to remove all our troops and close down all our bases around the world and that we should stop sending money all over the world instead of taking care of our own people and infrastructure. Want to balance the budget, start with those, along with making the Federal government smaller and removing all the regulations that are killing small businesses.

I will on occasions “like” things that you might find offensive such as pictures from the Tattoo page or a gun rights group. Either delete them or block them or me, but just accept that it is a part of who I am.
I have friends that are of a diverse background. I have friends that are black, I have some that are white and Hispanic. I have friends that are Jews and Christians, Pagans and Wiccans, some with no belief at all or who will mock all forms of religion. Some things that they post I will “ like”, rather then be troubled or offended, just block it or delete it, I can't control what FB does with the news feed.

My religious beliefs are simply this. I believe that there is a G-d. I believe that it is our duty as humans to take care of each other as our conscious dictates. I do not believe that any one religion has all the answers but I respect everyone right to believe as they do and express their views. I would rather focus on the things that we all agree on or on those things that will help others rather than the man made religious dogma. In my house we keep the Jewish Holy days, as well as celebrating Christmas, for cultural reasons, but we don't celebrate Easter because while I believe in G-D, I simply don't believe that a man can become god .

I am a Hobbit that would prefer peace and quiet but if you back me into a corner I will surprise you at just how fierce I can become.

I love my family and my friends. I love my country , even with its flaws, and I am a supporter of Israel and the Jewish people.

So there you have a very short summation of my beliefs, politics and philosophy of life. You may love it, hate it, or ignore it if you wish.

Now you have a choice. We can continue to be friends and have good friendly debates over various issues. We can share whats going on with our lives swapping stories and pictures, but what I won't do is allow for my page to become a battle ground for hatred. Opinions are OK even when I will disagree, but I want it to be civilized and courteous, not vulgar and insulting. If any of this you find offensive or silly, then please,as I stated earlier, be on your way and know that I will not hold any of it against you.

Shalom  

No comments:

Post a Comment