Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Gun Control


Out of respect for those that were killed in CT I have stayed away from the political grandstanding that has started over the issue of the 2nd amendment. Even now I will respect your right to disagree with me over this issue but I do want to make this following statement: I would love to live in the kind of peaceful utopia, in world that many of my liberal friends believe that we can have. I would love to live in a world where violence was a thing of the past and guns were the things of antique road shows. I would love to live in a world where we are very much like Hobbits,eating food, growing plants ,drinking ale and smoking pipe weed. Essentially I would love to live in a peaceful world where I could grow old and content with suffering and pain a thing of the past. This , unfortunately, is not the world we live in.
Today we live in a world that is led, in many cases, by men and women who's only concern is for themselves and their own power. Not just politicians, but business tycoons and bankers with ties to various government officials. History has shown us that over time those with power slowly but surely strip their citizens of God given rights, including the rights to defend themselves and,as we saw in the last century, it led to literally millions of innocent people,especially Jews, being massacred by their own governments. Just like many people here in the USA today they didn't believe that such a thing could happen in their country because they were too civilized and industrial to allow for such things to happen and yet it did.
Sit down and talk to those who survived the Nazi death camps and you will find a very striking resemblance as to what is happening, in slow degrees, to our country and to our liberties, to what has happened in Germany and Russia
First you scare the population with false hoods and a made up enemy, then you slowly pick away at their freedoms until they are totally under your control, making sure you remove any form of resistance, such as guns and tell them it's all for the national good, for their good. Convince them that they are being patriotic by sacrificing these liberties for their security and then going after those that are enemies, or undesirables, of the state. This is what happened in Germany and Russia and many other nation during the 20th century. It can happen again.
I do believe that there is going to come a time when we will reach that Utopian state, such as what Christians and Jews believe, when men will beat their swords into plowshares,and death and war will be no more, I hope I live long enough to see that day, but until then I am going to choose to keep my guns and defend my family from those that would cause me and mine harm, not only lunatics but also from a tyrannical government. That's what the 2nd amendment is all about. If you choose to not be armed ,that is your right but don't infringe on mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment