Sunday, November 22, 2015

Syrian refugees

There has been quite a not so friendly debate as to the fate of Syrian refugees. If you err on the side of caution you are accused of being bigoted and racist and you have no heart.
I have a heart, I am all about helping those that are in need, but I have a heart that is full of much caution, not from a political point of view, but from a personal point of view.

My own personal experience was during my time in Iraq. One of the things we learned rather quickly was just how fast our enemies could disappear into the crowds and the market places. One minute they were standing there and the next they would vanish into doorways and crowds. Sometimes we had no idea at all that they were even there until they started shooting at us or someone would tell us that they were there and where to find them. The other thing about them is that they had no qualms about using women and children as shields or mosques and hospitals. They would do this because of our rules of engagement. We couldn't fire on mosques or in heavily populated areas with out permission and they knew it. They used our own rules against us.

The president mocked the idea of women and children being used as weapons of war shortly before a woman blew herself up during one of the raids in Paris. Apparently he doesn't watch the news or pay any attention to history. In Israel Palestinian women and children attacking civilians is a common occurrence. When you teach them hate, and that martyrdom is to be desired, this is what happens.
When I went to boot camp my drill instructors were Vietnam vets. My seniors ,every where I was stationed ,were Vietnam vets, and I heard many stories of the Vietcong using women and children to kill and torture American troops. This is simple history and fact Mr. President.

One stat that I read the other day is that 77% of the “refugees” are military aged men. I don't know the truth to that because I am not there but I can say that I have seen a lot of videos out of Europe that do seem to show a great majority being male. How do we begin to know who is safe and who is a Jihadi terrorist?

The one thing everyone needs to keep in mind is that the end game for ISIS is our destruction and a world wide caliphate. They have said so and they have proven that they will use any means to do it including using our own laws and our compassionate hearts against us.


If my concerns and caution means that I am bigoted and have no compassion then I guess I will have to live with that label, meanwhile I am going to run down to the store, that's owned by a Syrian family who did the whole process some 15 years ago, and get some Ice Cream, yup me the bigot....

No comments:

Post a Comment