Friday, April 28, 2017

Threats to Free Speech

Let me ask a question or two and I really hope that someone will respond in a way that makes sense to me. I admit to being a rather simple minded kind of guy, I like things simple and to the point and as uncomplicated as I can get. So here goes.

If I call you or send you an email and I threaten to do you harm, wouldn't that be considered enough to trigger some sort of investigation by the police?

If, not only do I threaten you, but I send a message to your employer stating that I can't guarantee your safety if you are allowed to go to work, nor could I guarantee the safety of your employers business or his property, wouldn't that be considered to be a threat worthy of investigating by the police?

What if, not only do I make the threat, but I actually follow through with it and trash your building breaking windows and setting things on fire, would that be worth the time to investigate and perhaps to arrest someone?

Or is it OK to do all these things because the person or business being threatened isn't of the right race,religion,sexual orientation or ethnic group?

Is it OK if it's a political party that differs from your own, just because they see things, politically speaking, differently than you?

Other then the email part, this is what the NAZI brown shirts did to those that opposed them, they threatened and attacked those that they either disagreed with or out right hated. They burned and destroyed the property of anyone who opposed them and millions died because they were Jews or Gypsy's or any other group that was not considered to be worthy to them. 50 million died because of them when all was done.

These very things are happening today. College campuses are being threatened because conservative speakers have been invited to give a lecture. In some places riots have broken out and damage has been done. In at least one case an entire parade has been called off, one that has been going on for almost 90 years, because some groups have threatened to do bodily harm to the republican group that was going to have a float in that parade.

Why isn't any of this being investigated?

Why isn't the left calling out these people who are doing it in their name?

Why is it that you are so afraid to hear a differing point of view, so afraid that you have to threaten violence in order to silence conservatives? Or those you disagree with.

Do you really think that conservatives or any one else who disagrees with your point of view are really Nazi's and racists or homophobe?

Is that what you think of me? I am a conservative libertarian, does that make me a Nazi?
If it does, at least in your mind, it isn't going to change mine.

When was the last time you heard of any conservative group rioting and shutting down speech they find offensive? Try never.

Years back, after a very heated debate with several people, I warned that if you don't support the right of free speech, even speech that you loathe, there would come a day when it would be gone. If this is what you hope for just remember your speech will be silenced as well because there will be no one left to defend you when yours become politically incorrect.









No comments:

Post a Comment