Monday, August 22, 2022

Red Sox and Elephants

I have been a Red So fan all my life. Win lose or glorious draw , I have been a fan. When they were on top, I was there rooting them on. When they were in the bottom of the pile, as they are now, I am still a fan and will always be. It's called loyalty.

Now just imagine that I was chosen to play for them and better yet I eventually become the manager of the team, what an honor that would be!

But imagine if ,after becoming the manager of the team, I started, publicly, criticizing the players on the team. Worse , not only criticizing but suggesting that our team is so mediocre that we wont ever get out of the basement, never mind the playoffs, or the world series. How long do you think I'd last as manager? The players would quit trying, the opposing teams would run all over us and eventually the fans would quit coming to the games.

The elephants of the upper chamber have this kind of manager right now. He is suggesting that they can't win because some of the candidates are "mediocre". If that's "leadership" then the elephants are in trouble. But as this one question; What is it that makes them Mediocre? Is it because they don't play insider politics? Perhaps it's because they can't be bought off? What is it that makes them Mediocre Mitch? Even if you don't like them , they are on your team, and you should be out there cheering them on, if that's your idea of leadership then perhaps we should trade you to the donkeys for someone who is going to cheer the team on no matter what. Just my humble opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment