Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mr. Obama and The Wicked Witch of the West


Today I heard an interview that really put things in this country into perspective,this coming on the heels of hearing a 9 minute recording of a couple of Canadians being hassled at the border for laughing at a question, I was listening to the Tamar Yonah show on Israel National Radio and Tamar was interviewing a man by the name of "Fred" from California who was paid a visit by the Secret Service. His Crime? Re-posting a picture of Mr. Obama looking like the wicked witch of the west with the caption "I'll get you my pretty and your 401k too" and being an outspoken supporter of Israel. I have seen this post on FB before, and many that are by far worse, but this is the first time that I have heard of someone being visited by the Secret Service because of a post on FB. I know that from time to time FB blocks blogs  posts because I have had it happen to me, but never have I had a visit shortly there after.

During the time that Mr. Bush was in office, many times I saw pictures of him dressed up to look like Hitler, with various captions calling him a murderer or a killer or making fun of all his verbal miscues. When peoples patriotism was called because of the pictures or comments, the media and the left side of the aisle were up in arms calling this free and protected speech and I might add, I agree, it falls well with in freedom of speech and expression and there was no threat involved.

So tell me what made the difference in this case? There was no threat. It was a re-post of something that someone else had posted and ,as I have said, there has been far worse posted on line. So what is the threat?
I think it's because the gentleman is an outspoken supporter of Israel. I think it's because he sees the truth that,  Mr. Obama is not a supporter of Israel, no matter what he says publicly, and he has spoken out about it.
"Fred", to his credit, apparently  didn't get to upset about the whole thing and during the interview,especially at the end, he was saying how we all need G-D and that we need to continue to do good to others. I think I'm more bothered by it then he is.

This is one of the many reasons that I can't ever be a liberal. You are way too thin skinned. Some of you will get pissed just by me saying this. Your man gets ridiculed or insulted in someway and the next thing you know the SS is showing up on the door steps of people or they get investigated. You try to tell me that somehow yours is the most compassionate party, the party of the little guy, and yet when it comes down to it, the only time we see any of you is if you are offended in some way or we can cough up $40,000 a plate. Yes Republicans can be as bad getting all offended,and I am not a republican either, but I never heard of SS agents showing up at someones house for simply making fun of the president.

There is so much more that I could write on this subject, about our freedoms and liberties been torn away, but I have done that before to no avail. Perhaps the only thing that will wake you up to harsh reality is when the SS or FBI or DHS or any other government agencies show up on your door step to question you for something stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment